Teaching mental math strategies for addition and subtraction just got more fun for your students — and easier for you. This mental math activities pack comes with posters, activity ideas, and games—all ready to print, copy, and laminate as needed.
What you’ll get in the mental math strategies pack
This helpful pack includes
- An explanation of each strategy with examples.
- Posters to assist in explaining each strategy.
- Activity ideas to help your students practice the strategy.
- Games to provide further consolidation of the strategy.
The mental math strategies that are covered in this pack include
- Counting on strategy.
- Near doubles strategy.
- Compatible numbers strategy.
- Partitioning strategy.
- Estimating strategy.
The aim of teaching these mental math strategies to students is to:
- Encourage students to use mental computation as a first choice and as a way of checking other forms of calculation.
- Assist students in building a large variety of strategies from which they can select to complete calculations.
- Help students in understanding the relationships and patterns that occur between numbers and operations, which will then aid them in their mental calculations.
- Develop in students confidence and enjoyment in mathematics through the control and command over numbers.
Download your copy now, click the button below to add this item to your cart.
A sneak peek inside the pack
Take a look at some of the excellent feedback for this resource
“I love these and have already received compliments from my coworkers on them. Thanks for the fun and bright visuals that fit in so well with the rest of my classroom!” – Abby
“Kids are having a ball with the estimating bugs.” – Becky
“Love these posters to help explain these strategies!” – Crystal
“Good to have up in the classroom after explicit teaching.” – Bronwyn
“The parts that I have used in this resource have been most helpful. I look forward to using the rest of the package.” – Louise
What do you receive after your purchase?
Once you have completed your purchase you will receive an email with your receipt and a link to download the pack.
Click on the link in the email to open the resource as a PDF. You are then able to save the resource to your computer.
If you don’t see the email in your inbox check your spam or promotions folder.
Download your copy now
Pick this pack up today for an investment of only $5.00USD.
Click the button below to add this item to your cart.
You might also like these other resources
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.