Elevate your phonics teaching with the Phonics Cootie Catchers for OI and OY words. This resource introduces an engaging and interactive approach to help your students master the OY sound through the graphemes oi and oy. These cootie catchers, also known as chatterboxes or fortune tellers, are a fun and effective addition to your phonics toolkit.
Designed to provide an immersive and playful learning experience, the cootie catchers enable students to practice phonics in a dynamic way. They focus on the critical graphemes oi and oy, key components of early reading and language development. Your students will not only learn these essential phonics concepts, but they’ll also have a blast doing it.
Here’s why you should choose the OI and OY words cootie catchers resource
- Effective Phonics Practice: Cootie catchers offer dynamic phonics practice, promoting blending and segmentation skills that are crucial for learners.
- Versatility in Teaching: Use these cootie catchers for independent practice, small group work, literacy stations, review, and even for home practice. Their adaptability ensures they fit seamlessly into your teaching approach.
- Comprehensive Word Lists: Each catcher has a word overview sheet, simplifying reference and allowing tailored activities to match your students’ needs.
What’s included in the phoneme OY sound words cootie catchers resource?
- Cootie catchers for the phoneme /oy/, with graphemes oi and oy.
- Versions in both full color and black and white for diverse teaching needs.
- Single syllable and multisyllabic word catchers.
- A detailed word overview sheet for easy reference.
Skills developed by using the OI and OY cootie catchers resource
- Phonics mastery with a focus on the OY sound.
- Blending and segmentation of oi and oy graphemes.
- Independent learning, collaboration in small groups, and interactive literacy activities.
- Review and remediation of phonics concepts.
Transform your phonics teaching with the Phonics Cootie Catchers for OI and OY. Engage your students in interactive learning that reinforces essential phonics skills. This resource is versatile and effective and comes with comprehensive word lists. Elevate your teaching, and watch your students’ phonics skills flourish.
Download your copy now, click the button below to Buy Now!
A sneak peek inside the OY sound resource
Save time and join the Top Notch Literacy Club
If you’re after more games and activities like this one, you’ll find this pack, a structured scope and sequence, lesson plans, teaching tools and posters, worksheets, activities, games, assessments, and more in the Top Notch Literacy Club.
As a member, you get access to ALL literacy resources before they hit any of my stores (usually 2-3 months before they’re released elsewhere). In addition, we will regularly add new resources to the Top Notch Literacy Club! With over 200 resources currently available, you have instant access to over $1100 worth of literacy resources.
Download what you need, print, and go! Get all the details and join here: https://topnotchteaching.com/members/.
What do you receive after your purchase?
Once you have completed your purchase, you will receive an email with your receipt and a link to download the item.
Click on the link in the email to open the resource as a PDF. You are then able to save the resource to your computer.
Check your spam or promotions folder if you don’t see the email in your inbox.
Download your copy now
Grab this resource now and make learning fun! For an investment of only $3.00 USD, click the button below to Buy Now.
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.
You may also like
These guided writing activities for oy sound words will have your students loving writing as they work on activities like writing a poem, a recipe, or a comic.
Help your students learn and practice the OI and OY vowel combinations with these fun activities. Your students will work on vowel teams for the oy sound.
Keep phonics fun and easy for you with cootie catchers. They’re a favorite with kids—and a fab way to practice the skills of blending and segmenting sounds.