As a teacher, you understand the importance of vocabulary instruction in helping your students become strong readers. This comprehensive pack includes activities focusing on the phoneme /ow/ and the graphemes ou and ow, making it the perfect complement to your phonics instruction.
The activities in this pack are designed to provide repeated and varied opportunities for your students to interact with vocabulary words, helping them build a strong foundation in language and literacy.
Here’s what you can expect from this pack:
Engaging OW sound words activities
This pack includes various activities, such as
- Vocabulary Self-Rating – use a points system to record understanding of each word.
- Sketchnotes – define words using pictures, words, symbols, arrows, emojis, speech bubbles, and sketches.
- Synonyms for Words – write synonyms for each word.
- Four Square – complete for squares for each word.
- Parts of Speech – sort the words into the correct boxes.
- Vocabulary Matrix – read clues and answer the question in the box.
- Which Verb? – match the verbs with the pictures and pick one to write a sentence.
- Which Adverb? – write an adverb for the picture and a sentence about the image using the verb and adverb.
- Character Slinky – look at the image and then select words to describe the person.
- Vocabulary Game – go around the board by filling in missing graphemes or writing sentences.
Each activity is designed to be interactive and fun, keeping your students engaged and motivated.
Flexible usage of the OU and OW word work pack
The words used in this pack include both single-syllable and multisyllabic words, giving you the flexibility to choose the words that best fit the level of your students. The activities can be used in the classroom for whole-class instruction, small group work, literacy centers, intervention, or as homework assignments. You’ll be able to quickly and easily differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all your students.
Phonics OW words with printable and digital versions
This ou and ow word work pack is available in printable and digital versions, making it easy to integrate into your lesson plans. You can choose the best format for your teaching style and your student’s needs.
Explicit vocabulary instruction
The activities in this pack provide explicit vocabulary instruction, meaning that students are taught words directly using everyday language. This type of instruction has been proven to improve reading comprehension more than teaching reading comprehension strategies.
Benefits of the phoneme /ow/ vocabulary worksheets
By using the Phoneme /ow/ Vocabulary Activities pack, your students will:
- Enhance their vocabulary and become more proficient in using the English language
- Improve their reading comprehension by interacting with vocabulary words
- Build their literacy skills through the focus on the phoneme /ow/ and graphemes ou and ow
- Enjoy engaging and interactive activities that make learning fun and effective.
Take advantage of this opportunity to boost your students’ vocabulary and reading comprehension skills. Order your copy of Phoneme /ow/ Vocabulary Activities today!
Download your copy now, click the button below to Buy Now!
A sneak peek inside the phonics OW words pack
Save time and join the Top Notch Literacy Club
If you’re after more games and activities like this one, you’ll find this pack, a structured scope and sequence, lesson plans, teaching tools and posters, worksheets, activities, games, assessments, and more in the Top Notch Literacy Club.
As a member, you get access to ALL literacy resources before they hit any of my stores (usually 2-3 months before they’re released elsewhere). In addition, we will regularly add new resources to the Top Notch Literacy Club! With over 200 resources currently available, you have instant access to over $1100 worth of literacy resources.
Download what you need, print, and go! Get all the details and join here: https://topnotchteaching.com/members/.
What do you receive after your purchase?
Once you have completed your purchase, you will receive an email with your receipt and a link to download the item.
Click on the link in the email to open the resource as a PDF. You are then able to save the resource to your computer.
Check your spam or promotions folder if you don’t see the email in your inbox.
Download your copy now
Pick this pack up today for an investment of only $7.00USD. Click the button below to Buy Now!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.