Keep phonics fun—and easy for you. Spin a word phonics games are an engaging way to help your students revise and practice words during spelling time. This board game is super easy to play and requires minimal work to set up—just print and play.
To play the spin a word games you will need:
- A laminated copy of the game board (or you could place the board in a plastic sleeve)
- Paperclip and pencil to make a spinner
- 2 different colored dry erase markers
Each student takes a turn to spin a word, read the word and then write it on the grid. The winner is the first player to get four words in a row in any direction.
***You save 30% when you buy the bundle instead of individual packs!***
You can use these spin a word phonics games for:
- Independent practice in class. Rather than students taking turns, they can spin a word and use the grid to practice writing and spelling their words.
- Part of a literacy station. Once students know how to play the game you can use them at a literacy station for partner work.
- Home practice and consolidation. If you have students who need some extra practice at home, copy the appropriate board and they can play the game with their family for consolidation of skills.
What you’ll get in the spin a word phonics games bundle
The Spin A Word Phonics Games Bundle gives you more than 100 different game boards that cover many of the sounds and their different spellings.
- Sound /ae/, Spellings: ay, ea, a-e, ai, ai, eigh, ei
- Sound /ee/, Spellings: e, ea, y, ee, ey, ie
- Sound /oe/, Spellings: o, oa, ow, o-e, oe
- Sound /er/, Spellings: er, ir, or, ur, ear
- Sound /e/, Spellings: e, ea, ai
- Sound /ow/, Spellings: ou, ow
- Sound m/oo/n, Spellings: oo, ew, ue, u-e, o, ui, u
- Sound /ie/, Spellings: i, ie, y, i-e, igh
- Sound b/oo/k, Spellings: oo, u, oul
- Sound /u/, Spellings: u, ou, o, oo
- Sound /s/, Spellings: s, ss, st, c, ce, se, sc
- Sound /l/, Spellings: l, ll, al, el, il, le, ol
- Sound /or/, Spellings: or, aw, a, ar, au, al
- Sound /air/, Spellings: air, are, ear, ere, eir, ayer, ayor
- Sound /ue/, Spellings: ue, ew, u, u-e
Download your copy now, click the button below to add this item to your cart.
A sneak peek inside the pack
What do you receive after your purchase?
Once you have completed your purchase you will receive an email with your receipt and a link to download the item.
Click on the link in the email to open the resource as a PDF. You are then able to save the resource to your computer.
If you don’t see the email in your inbox check your spam or promotions folder.
Download your copy now
*** You save 30% when you buy this bundle*** This pack is reduced from
$21.00 to only $14.70USD.
Click the button below to add this item to your cart.
Other phonics packs available:
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.