Make phonics progress monitoring EASIER with these tracking sheets and assessments. You’ll get 17 sets of progress monitoring assessments designed to help you monitor students’ phonological and phonemic awareness, reading, and spelling.
The pack helps you collect data to determine if your teaching program or intervention is working, those students who may be struggling with particular skills and if you need to re-teach some areas.
These assessments can be used with any phonics program and are organized systematically by phonics knowledge.
Each set includes an assessment cover sheet to help you score individual tasks and identify areas of weakness. The summary is split into oral activities, spelling activities and reading activities to help you narrow down where the gaps are. There is room to record data for three students in each set.
The sets include 1-, 2-, and 3- syllable words so you can differentiate for student abilities and determine students level of progression.
What you’ll get in the progress monitoring pack
The specific assessment activities include
- Identify individual sounds.
- Identify syllables.
- Blend sounds.
- Segment sounds.
- Phoneme manipulation.
- Identify the spellings of the focus sound.
- Tap it, map it, zap it – one syllable words.
- Review spellings – two and three syllable words.
- Dictation sentences.
- Reading one syllable words.
- Reading two and three syllable words.
The phonics knowledge covered in this pack includes
- Set 1: sound /ae/, spellings < a, ai, ay, ea, a-e >
- Set 2: sound /ee/, spellings < e, ea, ee, y, ey >
- Set 3: sound /oe/, spellings < o, oa, ow, o-e, oe >
- Set 4: sound /er/, spellings < er, ir, or, ur, ear >
- Set 5: sound /e/, spellings < e, ea, ai >
- Set 6: sound /ow/, spellings < ou, ow >
- Set 7: sound m/oo/n, spellings < oo, ew, ue, u-e, o, ou >
- Set 8: sound /ie/, spellings < i, ie, y, i-g, igh >
- Set 9: sound b/oo/k, spellings < oo, u, oul >
- Set 10: sound /u/, spellings < o, oo, ou, u >
- Set 11: sound /s/, spellings < s, ss, st, c, ce, se, sc >
- Set 12: sound /l/, spellings < l, ll, al, el, il, le, ol >
- Set 13: sound /or/, spellings < or, aw, a, ar, au, al, ore >
- Set 14: sound /air/, spellings < air, are, ear, ere, eir, ayer, ayor >
- Set 15: sound /ue/, spellings < ue, ew, u, u-e >
- Set 16: sound /oy/, spellings < oi, oy >
- Set 17: sound /ar/, spellings < ar, a, al, au >
Included in each set are the following
- Assessment summary sheet to score individual items.
- Teacher recording sheet for oral activities.
- Teacher recording sheet for spelling and reading activities.
- Student reading card.
- Student recording sheet for spelling activities.
You can use these tracking forms to
- Collect data and information about all the students in your class or only some students.
- Identify those students who may be struggling with phonological and phonemic awareness, reading, and spelling.
- Determine if your teaching program or intervention is working.
- Work out if you need to re-teach some areas.
Download your copy now, click the button below to Buy Now!
A sneak peek inside the pack
What do you receive after your purchase?
Once you have completed your purchase you will receive an email with your receipt and a link to download the item.
Click on the link in the email to open the resource as a PDF. You are then able to save the resource to your computer.
If you don’t see the email in your inbox check your spam or promotions folder.
Download your copy now
Pick this pack up today for an investment of only $12.00USD.
Click the button below to add this item to your cart.
You might also be interested in
- Fun Phonics Homework to Last the Whole Year
- Phonics Cootie Catchers Bundle
- Phonics Writing Prompts Bundle
- Spin A Word Phonics Games Bundle
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.