With Christmas just around the corner, I thought now was the perfect time to share with you my spiky Christmas balls.
I don’t really remember how I found out about making these, but they’re a fun Christmas decoration to make that is perfect for your older students. Read on for step by step instructions for making your own spiky christmas balls.
You will need the following supplies:
- Dress making pins;
- Bouncy rubber balls (or you could also use the styrofoam balls). You can use any size you like, I have used the 32mm balls for these ones; and
- An assortment of beads, sequins, ribbons, stars.
- Take one of the pins and thread on a small round bead. Then thread on other sequins and beads to make a colourful design.
- Leave enough room on the end of the pin so that it can be pushed into the ball. I left about 1.4cm at the end of the pin.
- Choose one of the flat colourful sequins and hold that on the ball.
- Push the pin through the middle of the sequin into the ball. It can be quite tough on your fingers pushing the pin into the ball so you may want to place a piece of card or fabric on the end of the pin to help push it in.
- Continue adding beads and sequins to each pin and then pushing them into the ball.
- Remember to add a piece of ribbon to one pin when you push it in. This is used to hang the spiky ball.
- Voila you have finished your first spiky Christmas ball. Hang them up and enjoy!
Have a fabulous Christmas and New Year! I look forward to sharing more fun, time saving tips and resources with you in the new year 🙂